Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Movie: Red Riding Hood


First, I will say this, yes I know the person that directed this movie also directed Twilight (a movie I find laughable..."Spidermonkey") But this movie was very enjoyable. I would say that it was better than twilight but for some of you that doesn't mean it was a great movie. I can tell you however to give it a try, for you may be surprised , I was.

The movie: One of the girls in the village has been killed by the wolf something that hasn't happened in years and everyone is under suspicion. They try to take care of the problem themselves, they fail. They try to bring in outside help, they mess it up too. The only one who is able to take care of it is Valerie, the sister of the girl that was killed by the werewolf. Who the wolf is, well you take a guess.

There is a werewolf, a red riding hood, and grandmothers house is in the middle of the woods. Expect a love triangle (again another twilight similarity), religious crazies, a expected unexpected twist, to cry at a few moments, and of course romance. The ending is good and I enjoyed it. I had not read the book when I saw this movie (although I can tell you know that of course the book is better than the movie).

The book and movie are different from the original fairy tale version (there are actually a few of them) but it was very good and it did not tear the story apart like Twilight ruined the vampire genre.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of Twilight.

I give this movie 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails