Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Thoughts On Destiny


Destiny: (1) something to which a person or thing is destined, (2) a predetermined course of events often held to be an irrestible power or agent.
I got to thinking about this today, after all I do wonder at times what is my destiny. Yes, I know that there are many arguments out there that talk about whether or not destiny exists well, I think it does, only I think of destiny in a slightly different way, compared to the Online Webster's definition.

I believe that we are all destined for something great, but we can also be destined for something terrible, it just all depends on the decisions we make. There are many decisions that we each make every day and it's those decisions that determine who we become. Me I have taken life for granted for a very long time, I'm not going to lie, I have had somewhat of an ego and thought that since I was destined for great things ( I won't really exaplin why, there was a life changing experience and yeah its personal) but I honestly though that because of this I didn't have to do much, that my destiny would fall into my lap. Sounds crazy, but for a while I did think this way, subconsciously. For if I thought about this consciously I would thought myself like the other egotistical people out there. Well I am starting to realize that I am similar to some of those people too.

So in my opinion destiny is not one fixed path or one fixed ending point. No it is what you can make it. I have no clue what my destiny is but I know when the time comes I will be ready for it.

For all those that wonder and care in the image above it says of course "Destiny" but it also says underneath "The Choices we Make, Not the Chances we Take, Determine our Destiny." Nothing is by chance, only right, only destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails