Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Any Girl Can Get What She Wants


Another amazing book that I have read within the past few months is The Go-Getter Girl's Guide. This book is a must read for anyone that wants to succeed and look amazing at the same time. I got this book over a year ago and just read and finished it a few months.

Title: The Go-Getter Girl's Guide
Author: Debra Shigley
Mass Market Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Genre: Self-Help
Rating: 4 1/2 out of 5

"Combining the practical career wisdom of What Color Is Your Parachute? with the savvy fashion guidance of The Little Black Book of Style, this dynamite guide is sure to bring out the Go-Getter in generations of women to come."

This little blurb is what sums up what this book is all about. I have not read either of the books that are mentioned above (a few more added to my, What I have to read before I die list). I was so glad I got this book.

This book is written by Debra Shigley who has written numerous books, multiple national television shows, is a journalists who is a senior editor for the magazine Atlanta, and has appeared many more.

In this book it teaches and inspires women in all professions, whether they are in the field already or they are just college students. You learn how to deal with office politics, how to negotiate to get what you want, get mentors, get ahead even though you may not have the qualifications just yet, and how to take care of yourself and look fabulous all at the same time.

For me I thought it was great that someone wrote this book for Women cause it is necessary. This book is not the kind that once you have read it you are done. I not only recommend this book to everyone, I recommend that you reread it over and over again until you have everything burned into your mind.

With how the economy is so bad right now everyone needs all the help they can get to make sure they succeed at life.

My favorite chapters are
* The Best Education is Self-Education
and
*Learn the Art of Negotiation

Both are great chapters I will reread again and again. The only reason why I gave it a 4 1/2 out of 5 instead of a 5 out of 5 is because I believe that she could have written more.

This book is for every woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails