Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What or Who Should I Believe.....

I have always been a questioning, skeptical person. An example being was I always asked all these questions about Santa Claus and I was persistent (after all we didn't have a chimney, so how did he get in?) I soon learned tht answer to that question :D

Now there have been parts of my life that I never thought I had to be skeptical towards when it comes to believing it and that is in the classroom. Call me naive, inexperienced, young, etc. whatever. The point is this I never thought I would have to wonder whether what I was being in taught in class was true or not.


I hear some many facts abotu history that contradict each other. I read different historical books, hear different facts from many professors and even stuff on TV: History Channel, Natinoal Geographic, and even Glenn Beck with his different specials that he has and his most famous one Founder's Fridays.


I hear and read of so many contradicting facts from all kinds of sources. I don't what to think. What I would like to be able to do is to be able to is to read the original documents and see it for myself, instead have other people and teachers telling me what to believe and think.


I want to think objectivly for myself, not have someone else do it for me. After all I don't like being told what to believe. I know I'm not the only one to believe this.


I know now what I need to do, I need to research anything that is of interest to me and write about, to help create interest in others. To help them to learn for themselves and to help them appreciate the amazing history of this great country.


Never Forget where we came from, for if we do, we will forget who we are and will be lost. I hope that if we do get lost, we will once again find our way. For I fear what to think if we are lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails