Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Books I have Read and Want to Read #1

I have a lot of books. I want to read all the books that exist. I had a goal to finish about 10 books by the end of this summer.

This is What I have Read so far:
  1. The Bad Queen ~Carolyn Meyer
  2. A Child of Hitler~ Alfons Heck
  3. Sybil ~ Flora Rheat Schreiber

...I need to get a move on. Although with taking classes and reading a lot there, I'm sure its understandable that I have read beyond that class.

Here are the books that I want to read that I have so far:

  1. Rebel Women of the Gold Rush: Extrodinary Achievements and Daring Adventures ~ Rich Mole
  2. Remember the Ladies: The First Women's Rights Convention ~ Norma Johnston
  3. Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White ~ David Barton
  4. Samuel Adams: A Life ~ Ira Stoll
  5. Reading Like a Writer: A Guide for People Who Loves Books and for Those Who Want to Write Them ~ Francine Prose (love the last name...fitting for the book)
  6. Ladies of Liberty: The Women who Shaped our Nation ~ Cokie Roberts
  7. The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream ~ Barack Obama ( I can't believe I'm going to read this but I can't critcize a book if I haven't read it, even though I know I might gage from reading it)
  8. The Shack: Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity ~ Wm. Paul Young
  9. Republic ~ Plato
  10. Vanity Fair ~ William Makepeace Thackeray
  11. Dearest Friend: A Life of Abigail Adams
  12. Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fate of Human Societies ~ Jared Diamond
  13. George Washington's Sacred Fire ~ Peter A. Lillback with Jerry Newcombs
  14. How to Read Literature Like a Professor: A Lively and Entertaining Guide to Read Between the Lines
  15. A Severe Mercy (With Eighteen Letters)~ Sheldon Vanauken
  16. Narrative of the Life of Federick Douglass, an American Slave~ Federick Douglass
  17. My Dearest Friend: Letters of Abigail and John Adams ~ Edited by Margaret A. Hogan & C. James Taylor
  18. The Color Purple ~ Alice Walker
  19. The Three Musketeers ~ Alexandre Dumas
  20. The Man in the Iron Mask ~ Alexandre Dumas
  21. The Guardian ~ Nicholas Sparks
  22. The Princess Bride: S. Morganstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure ~ William Goldman
  23. A Tale of Two Cities ~ Charles Dickens
  24. What Could He Be Thinking? : How a Man's Mind Really Works ~ Michael Gurian
  25. The Lovely Bones ~ Alice Sebold
  26. Essential Dialogues of Plato
  27. Dracula ~ Bram Stoker
  28. Grimm's Fiary Tales
  29. Eight Plays (all by Henrik Ibsen)
  30. Cold Sassy Tree ~ Olive Ann Burns

So these are the list of books I want to try to get to this summer...I know I need to get going. And if you are wondering I have more books then the ones listed above...I just know I can't list all of them.

The Books that I am reading are:

  1. The Writer's Journey: Mythic Structure for Writer's ~ Christopher Vogler
  2. The Overton Window ~ Glenn Beck
  3. Founding Mothers: The Women who Raised our Nation ~ Cokie Roberts
  4. The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette ~ Carolly Erickson

So I hope I will be able to get to this. I was thinking about writing a book review on the books I have read...but I have to get to the reading for my class tomorrow. Maybe I will do that later tonight before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails