Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wow...So Many Changes

This past semester has been crazy. I have a job, part of organizations, and committees.  I wish that I could do more, but I would go crazy and it's responsible to do so much when I am not able to fully commit.   Here is a list of everything I am a part of and my commitments:
  • Student Activities Board- My Job
    • I'm in charge of Panther Pause
    • I'm part of an awesome team that helps plan and run events for the students on campus
    • SAB's goal is to help encourage students to get involved on campus, help make friends, and become better students. 
    • And anything that needs to get done in the office I help do that too.
  • Gnosis- I'm treasurer. For all that don't know (& want to know) They were the first group of people I became friends with.
    • What is Gnosis? Gnosis is not the Gnostic religion. It is "An Independent learning and service organization that inspires and mentors PSTCC students committed to finding joy & direction in their educational pursuits with a head/heart/hands approach." That is the technical understanding...but what does it mean you ask???
    • Gnosis is what you make it.....
    • Gnosis for me is a time to learn. A time to grow. A time to become who I always wanted to be. True I will always be working on who I want to become, but this group has helped fast track it for me. It challenges me a lot; beliefs, thoughts, ideas, etc.  And I like that (although it can get tiring and part of me wishes people would just think the way I did). 
    • Gnosis for me is a learning experience, without having to worry about getting graded at the end of the day. It had encouraged me to write, read, play, and live more.  
  • Knoxville Opera - Knoxville Opera Education & Outreach Committee
    •  I'm on the committee that helps contact different schools to help generate interest in opera among students from the ages of Kindergarten -12th grade. 
    • I'm so excited and honored to be a part of this. I haven't been able to do so much lately because of my hectic schedule, but I am working on it.
  • Phi Theta Kappa- I'm a member of it
    • I haven't been that invloved frankly because I have been extremly busy and getting used to my new work/school/ extracurricular schedule. However I will be trying to get more involved and doing the Competitive Edge Challange they have.
    • I will be though submitting to their writing contest for their Literary Magazine. So I will at least be participating somewhat.
  • QEP Student Committee - member
    • QEP stands for Quality Enhancement Plan. It is a Program with the goal to help students get more out of their learning experience in college.  As a student member, I am part of an awesome committee that gives feedback on the new plans that are put into practice. 
  • A Daughter, A Sister, A Girlfriend, and A Friend
    • Hey it's a lot of work :)
Sadly there is also all the things I wish I could do :( . It's a shame that there is not enough time in the day for me to do all the things I want. Same time though my boyfriend of 2 years now (yah!) says that I should be more realistic and not have such high expectations of myself.  They are really high ones, but it is because I believe a person should do their best and be their best at all times.

Here is the list of stuff I wish I could do more and be more involved in:
  • History Club
  • Imaginary Gardens ( This is the literay magazine) 
    •  I will still submit my writings to this though
  • Creative Writing Club
  • Volunteer at Oak Ridge Library
  • Exercise
  • Start my little business
  • and so much more...

So that is all that is going on at the moment. Not really, but I don't feel like going into the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails