Pages

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets
Created by OnePlusYou

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!


Wow, it is already thanksgiving. Not too long ago it was Halloween. As I get older, the years seem to go by faster, a part of me wants it all to slow down just so that I can ebjoy.

But at the same time I am very glad, because soon I will be done with my 1st full semester at Pellissippi State. Go me! It has been quite the challenge, but I am very glad that I went on and pushed through it.

Now this Thanksgiving I decided to do something I have never done before, really give thanks to all those in my life and why I am thankful.

Here it goes:

To...
  • My Mother- she has always been there for me and listened to me and taught me how to deal with everything in life. She has taught me how to be a strong woman and have belief in myself.
  • My Father- a strong man who taught me how to love my country and taught me to take pride in myself.
  • My Brother, Sean- he taught me (and still is) teaching me patience. With him having autism, it is very hard and very frustrating. He also taught me to not judge, be afraid or uncomfortable with people who are different.
  • My Grandma- she is such a hard worker and is always good for a laugh. She is very strong and has taught me a lot about where my family had come from. I'm so glad she lives with us.
  • Amber- my dog, the biggest and most lovable ditz ever. She is hilarious and so insecure. But our family would not be complete without her.
  • Christopher- my wonderful and amazing boyfriend, he has taught me so much that it would take a whole book to explain it all. But I will say is that he has brought a lot of laughter in my life, but also helped motivated me to become a better person for me, myself and no one else. That is the greatest gift he has given me.
  • All my old friends- thank you. I have learned so much from all of you. Listening to all of you and learning from your lives has helped me appreciate my life more and taught me to look at life from another persons perspective. I hope that I will be able to hang out with you again soon.
  • The random people I have met and haven't talked to since- although our encounters were brief, you have made and impact and taught me something as well. The lesson may have been small, it may have been big. The important thing is that you were at the right moment, at the right place, at the right time. Teaching me something new. Thank you
  • Jessica- there have been many Jessica's in my life. My best friend from high school, and My big sister from Omega Phi Alpha are just a few. To My BFF from high school, thank you for all the wonderful times we had together, you were very optimistic, kind, passionate and very bubbly. You helped bring out the happy side in me. And to my big sister, you were so understanding, very awesome and you always helped me out, thank you. I know I haven't talked to both of you in a long time, but that changes now.
  • Tanya- You are so sweet. I love your personality. I hope when I'm at your age, I'm still full of life, as kind, and as wonderful as you are. You were very helpful and so much fun to be with. Don't worry, you will see me again, you can't get rid of me.
  • Meredith- I was so glad to have met you. There aren't many people I love, admire and respect and you are one of them. I know we haven't talked in a long time. But I remember all the times that we have spent together and they have made an impact on me. The next time I'm in town. Let's hang out and get some cake :D
  • My cousins- I'm thankful that I have you. Although I don't know all of you as well as I would like, I still remember all the times we got together and it was so much fun. I would still nevertheless want to get to know all of you better and I hope that we could hang out and get to know each other even more.
  • The rest of my extended family- the same goes to you as well. I'm thankful for all the cards and gifts you have sent me over the years, even though we don't always talk and see each other. I would love to spend time with all of you and get to know you better.
  • Dr. Gray- an amazing Professor who has been so helpful to me this fall semester and so full of life. Her thirst for knowledge and desire to be a better person has inspired me greatly. Thank you
  • Professor Rivers- who helped me speak out during class discussions and help me not stay in the background and taught me that yes my opinion matters too.
  • Professor Byrd- who was so much fun and made literature very enjoyable. Which even though I am an English major, I have experienced teachers who were able to suck the life out of literature.
  • My french Professor, Madame Gammon- thank you for your patience. Learning languages has always been hard for me. I had a speech problem when I was younger. So taking on French has been a challenge for me. But I appreciate the help and the enthusiasm that you exude. Thank you
  • All the new friends I have made at Pellissippi- thank you for all the new memories that I have. I hope that I will be able to get to know all of you better.
  • All the soldiers that are fighting and have fought- thank you, thank you, thank you. I honestly can't thank you enough for fighting for this country. It is a hard job and you go through more pain, hardship and struggle that most people would see in a lifetime. I'm proud of you, even if I don't know you. Keep up the good work, don't get discouraged, and have faith.
  • The founding fathers and mothers of this country- I thank you for fighting for freedom, I thank you for making the sacrifices that you did. We can never truly understand that hardships that you went through. Do not worry, your sacrifice will not have been in vain. I will never forget.
  • All those who do not like me- thank you too. You have taught me to ignore what you think of me, to not care about how you feel about me, and how to just live me life as though you were not there. And if I had to work with you, you have taught me how to show respect to others and to be kind and compassionate towards others, even if I did not receive it in return. Thank you.
  • St. Joan of Arc- one of my biggest inspiration and someone who I hope to be like. She is a woman of strength, wisdom, and strong faith. She led an army of men and between the ages of 14-16. I thank her for all the times she has listened to me. She is like a friend that I wish to one day meet.
  • God- For everything. My family, friends,me, my dog, boyfriend, and all of those in my life. For giving me strength when I needed it, listened to me and for every time he forgave me.
  • Myself- Yes this one is very weird, but I am thankful for me too. I am thankful that I have become a better woman over the past 2 years. That I have become more motivated and that I have been working with more determination to reach my goals. That I have taken life by the reigns and took charge of it. I am thankful for what I was, for what I am now, and what I will become.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy the food, the family and most importantly have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails